Das International Program am KON richtet sich an Studenten*innen aus dem Ausland, die erste Erfahrungen mit einem Musikstudium in Deutschland sammeln wollen oder mit vorhandenem Studienabschluss ihre künstlerischen Kompetenzen weiterentwickeln wollen.
Das einjährige Kontaktstudium bietet individuellen Unterricht in deinem gewählten Hauptfachinstrument sowie weiteren wöchentlichen Unterricht, etwa Korrepetition, Kammermusik, Band-Training oder zusätzliches Nebenfachinstrument. Das Intensivprogramm “Deutsch für Musiker” ist darüber hinaus ein Bestandteil des Studiums.
email@example.com / +49 40 870 877 21
Beratung auf Englisch / Deutsch
The KON International Program is a unique one-year program specifically targeted at international students wanting to further their music education and experience the vibrancy of musical life in Germany. It is suited both to students who have already completed post-high school music studies in another country, or to new high school graduates aiming to pursue further education in Germany.
The program gives you the opportunity to develop your skills on your chosen instrument through weekly individual tuition from our expert teachers. You will also take part in a range of supplementary classes, from chamber music to advanced performance training, in order to round out your musical knowledge. Intensive German lessons are in-built into the course structure, enabling you to gain comprehensive language skills in a friendly and encouraging atmosphere, with a focus on specialist vocabulary for a wide-range of musical situations. Lessons follow the Common European Framework of References for Languages and are taught up to the B2 level.
During your year in Hamburg, you will also be given numerous opportunities to attend class trips to important cultural sights and experience concerts in opera houses and recital halls, including the world-famous Elbphilharmonie, throughout Germany. Performing and making music together with other KON students is also warmly encouraged. Facilities such as our own in-house performance spaces and numerous established ensembles, from choirs to chamber ensembles to bands, make it easy to join in.
We look forward to welcoming you to the musical city of Hamburg!
|Duration of Study||1 Year (1 October - 30 September)|
|Fees||An overview of the current fees can be accessed via "fee".|
|Language Requirements||No prior knowledge of German necessary; language course is included in the Study Programme|
|Study Begin||Winter Term (1 October)|
|Application Deadline||1 June|
- weekly individual tuition in chosen main instrument
- weekly supplementary lessons in chosen subject: piano accompaniment, chamber music, band training, speech-training for singers, or individual lessons in a second instrument
- intensive German language course, including the specially designed programme “German for Musicians”
Alongside the academic programme, students can also access an exciting programme of activities and benefits during their time at Hamburger Konservatorium:
- Regular performance opportunities, including participation in KON ensembles, orchestras and choirs
- Free admission to all KON concerts
- Group outings and trips to concerts in Hamburg and throughout Germany
- Graduation ceremony and concert
- Student travel card for free travel on all public transport in Hamburg
- Students discounts and special offers
- Free use of Hamburg Libraries, which includes one of the biggest collection of musical scores and resources in country
- Insurance package (health, accident and third-party liability)
- Support and assistance from KON Academy staff in English, Japanese and Chinese with all aspects of your move to Hamburg, including airport pick-up and options for finding accommodation
Students can either submit their application documents through our International Office (english, chinese, japanese) send them by post.
- High-school exam results/leaving certificate (for applicants from China, the middle school equivalent)
- Any relevant further education qualification (if completed)
- CV including photo
- Recorded audition program (a link to YouTube/youku.com video recording) lasting between 15 – 20 Minutes (main subject instrumental at least 15 Minutes and main subject singing at leats 10 Minutes) and featuring a variety of three musical periods and styles. Singers should perform at least one of their pieces in German. All solo instruments and vocals please always perform with accompanying instrument.
A 250 € application fee is also required in order to process your application.